波上宮
前へ
Next

Origin of Naminoue Shrine

 This area has been the sacred area to offer prayers to Nirai Kanai (world of gods) since the day of old. Each boat going in and out of the commerce base of Naha port looked up to the shrine on top of the high cliff, prayed for a safe journey and expressed their appreciation. The shrine was venerated, and people prayed for a rich haul of fish and rich harvest. Every New Year, the King himself, on behalf of his people visited the shrine to pray for the peace and prosperity of the nation. The shrine was admired as the "primary shrine of the kingdom", head of the Eight Shrines in Ryukyu. It was classified as Kanpei-shousha (nationally significant shrine) in the Meiji Era and became the Okinawa Sochinju (shrine that protects the whole of Okinawa) but it was destroyed during the war.
After the war, Shamusho (shrine office) and Honden (main shrine) were reconstructed in 1953, and Haiden (hall of worship) was reconstructed in 1961. In 1993, reconstruction of Honden (main shrine) and other shrines was completed during the Heisei reconstruction project. It was designated as the Naha City Historical Site of Cultural Property in 2006.

Nanmin Festival


 Many events will be held in collaboration with the grand festival on May 17th, Shinkou Festival, Okinawan Sumo Festival, Ryukyu Dance, performance competition, singing contest and beach tug-of-war.

Ceremony


 We accept various requests, including Shito-style wedding, prayers for safety of the family, prosperous business, newborn's first visit to the shrine, ward off evil spirits, and traffic safety. Naminoue Shamusho (shrine office) is not able to accept the requests during the festival and wedding ceremony, please contact us in advance.

神前結婚式画像

Naminoue Shamusho (shrine office) accepts request from 9:30-16:30
Tel: 098-868-3697

access


[Adress] Wakasa1-25-11 Naha city Okinawa Japan

Access from Naha Airport to Naminoue Shrine
10 minutes by Monorail, get off at Asahibashi Eki station → 15 minutes by walk
10 minutes by Taxi(1200Yen)
15 minute by Monorail,get off at Kencho-mae station→Palette-kumoji-mae Bus stop 1 minute by walk→5 minute by bus [2][5][15][45] get off at Nishinjo stop.→ 3 minute by walk


TEL FAX


Naminoue Shamusho (shrine office)

TEL 098-868-3697

FAX 098-868-4219



Okinawa Prefecture Shrine Agency

 There are 80,000 shrines included in Association of Shinto Shrine in Japan, among them 11 shrines are in Okinawa.

Okinawa Prefecture Shrine Agency (Naminoue shrine office)

TEL 098-868-3697(Naminoue shrine office)

FAX 098-868-4219(Naminoue shrine office)



普天満宮 Futenma Shrine

·普天満宮 Futenma Shrine Web site



沖宮 Okinogu Shrine

·沖宮 Okinogu Shrine Web site



識名宮 Shikinagu Shrine

·識名宮 Shikinagu Shrine Web site



宮古神社 Miyako Shrine

·宮古神社 Miyako Shrine Web site



아사토 하치만궁 Asato Hachimangu Shrine

安里八幡宮 아사토 하치만 궁은 류큐왕국의 관사(官社)인 류큐팔사(琉球八社)의 하나로 유서 깊은 신사입니다. 제1쇼씨(尚氏)의 제7대 쇼토쿠(尚徳)왕에 의해 1466년에 창건되었으며 그 유래는 다음과 같습니다. 쇼토쿠왕이 섬 원정을 위해 2천여명의 군사를 이끌어 아사토를 지날 즈음 새가 지저귀며 날아가는 모습을 보고 하늘을 우러러보며 “한 번에 날아가는 새를 맞춘다면 섬의 평정(平定)을 이루게 하소서”라고 기원한 즉 단번에 적중시킬 수 있었다. 또한, 그 후 50여척의 군선(軍船)을 이끌고 나하항을 출항하게 되는데 해중의 파도에 몸을 실어 떠다니는 범종(梵鐘)이 군선 곁을 떠나지 않았다. 이에 쇼토쿠왕은 “이는 하치만 대보살께서 보내주신 영종(霊鐘)이다. 이것을 손에 넣는다면 전투에서 승리할 수 있으리라. 귀국후에 하치만 궁을 우러러 받들어 숭배하리라.”고 다짐하며 배에 싣고 전투에 임한 즉 섬을 평정하고 개선(凱旋)하였다. 쇼토쿠왕은 하치만 대보살의 가호에 감사하며 서원(誓願)에 따라 아사토 하치만 궁을 건립하고 부근에 고묘산진토쿠지(高明山神徳寺)라는 절을 병설하여 범종을 모시게 된 것이 아사토 하치만 궁의 유래입니다.

沖縄県那覇市安里3丁目19→ google map


스에요시 궁 Sueyoshigu Shrine

스에요시 궁은 왕조관사(王朝官社)시대의 류큐8사 중의 하나로, 일명 ‘사단(社壇)’ ‘슈리사단(首里社壇)’ 등으로 불리고 있으며 역사적 자료에 의하면 쇼타이큐(尚泰久)왕 시대(1456년경)에 덴카이지가쿠오오쇼(天界寺鶴翁和尚)가 구마노산쇼곤겐(熊野三所権現)을 권청하여 제사를 지냈다고 전해지고 있습니다.  스에요시 궁의 주변에 말사(末社: 本社에 부속된 작은 신사)를 비롯하여 ‘이베’라 불리는 신성한 장소가 다수 점재하는 것으로 보아 이 지역이 옛부터 신앙의 대상으로 숭배되었으며 일대성지(一大聖地)를 형성하여 소중하게 간직되어 온 모습을 짐작할 수 있습니다.

沖縄県那覇市首里末吉町1丁目8→ google mapへ


大名参道入口( Shortcut)→ google map


Amekugu Shrine

큐국의 유래기에 의하면 창건은 성화연간(成化年間:1465-1487)이라고 전해진다. 류큐8사 중의 하나로 오래전 메카루손(銘苅村)이라는 마을에 메카루의 옹자(翁子)가 살고 있었다. 옹자는 어느날 석양이 질 즈음 아메쿠야(天久野)에 위의를 갖춘 법사와 함께 고귀한 여인이 산에서 내려오는 중에 마주치게 되었다. 옹자는 법사에게 여인의 정체를 묻자 법사가 말하기를 자신은 산의 중턱에 살고 있으며 여인은 윗자락에 위치하는 숲에 사는 분인데 이름은 모른다고 답하였다. 옹자는 의아하게 여겨 조심하며 지내기로 하였다. 어느날 여인이 동굴로 들어가는 도중에 사라지는 모습을 목격하게 된 옹자는 이에 놀라 왕의 신하에게 알린다. 왕은 사실을 확인하기 위해 역인에게 명하여 동굴을 향하여 향을 놓은 즉 불을 붙이지 않았음에도 향이 타는 것을 보고는 동굴 외부에 신전을 만들어 모셨다고 한다

那覇市泊3丁目19-3→ google map


우키시마 신사 Ukishima Shrine

류큐왕국의 사서(史書) ‘규요(球陽)’의 유래설에 따르면 1452년 쇼킨푸쿠(尚金福)왕 시대에 국상(国相)인 가이키(懐機)가 초코테이(長虹堤)라는 다리를 건설하는데 바다가 깊고 파도가 높아 인력만으로는 공사를 진행시킬 수 없자 제단을 마련하여 3일간 밤낮으로 기도를 드렸다. 그러자 조수가 빠져 해저가 드러나 아사토교(橋)에서 이베가마(伊辺嘉麻)에 이르는 초코테이(長虹堤)를 완공할 수 있었다. 신조(神助)의 은혜에 보답하기 위해 아마테라스오카미(天照大神)를 제신(祭神)으로 모시어 초주구(長寿宮)라 칭하였다. 그 후 1942년에 우키시마 신사로 개칭.


浮島神社 住所:那覇市若狭1-25-11(波上宮)→ google map


요모치 신사 Yomochi Shrine

오키나와를 구하고 번영을 가져온 고구마, 흑설탕, 정치적으로 오키나와의 발전에 기여한 산업의 3대 은인이라 하여 1937년에 오노야마의 마쓰시로산에 모셨다. 이후에 설탕업계, 농림업계, 교육계의 각 관계자를 중심으로 세상을 바로잡고 식산(殖産)을 진흥하는 신사로 널리 숭경받게 되었다. ‘요모치(世持)’란 오키나와의 옛말로 ‘풍요로운 세상, 평화로운 세상을 유지하다’라는 의미이다.


浮島神社 住所:那覇市若狭1-25-11(波上宮)→ google map


오키나와 신사 Okinawa Shrine

오키나와 현민의 열렬한 경신숭조(敬神崇祖)의 사상으로 제신(祭神)은 누구보다 인연이 깊은 국조(国祖)・슌텐(舜天), 그 후 400년간 공적이 있었던 중흥(中興)의 국왕・쇼엔(尚圓)왕 및 문화사업에 공헌한 영주(英主)・쇼케이(尚敬)왕, 명치유신의 원대한 계획에 따라 현민의 나아가야 할 길을 정한 마지막 국주(国主)・쇼타이(尚泰)왕을 주신(主神)으로 보본반시(報本反始)의 의미에서 슌텐왕의 부군인 미나모토노 다메토모(源爲朝)공을 함께 모시기로 하였다. 부지는 슌텐(舜天)왕 이후 700년간 현정치의 중심지였던 슈리성으로 선정하고 같은 해에 준공되었다. 전쟁으로 인하여 모두 소실되었으나 전후 유지(有志)에 의해 재건기성회(再建期成会)를 결성하고 1962년부터 현재의 자리를 빌려 작은 사당을 마련하여 제사를 지내고 있다.


那覇市首里鳥堀町5→ google map

Page top